Omotola Jalade Ekeinde, actress, singer, born in Lagos State, 7 Feb 1978; native of Ondo State. Married (1996) to Captain Matthew Ekeinde and they together have four children.
- Her acting career was ignited when she merely accompanied a friend to an audition. It always pays to be rightly positioned; i.e, to be at the right place at the right time.
- Who said a newbie can not play big? She played a lead role in her debut movie, “VENOM OF JUSTICE” in 1995; and it was lead role all the way.
- She got married at the age of 18, 1996, just a year after she got her spot in the film industry, and her white wedding was celebrated on board, 2001, in an aircraft that flew from Lagos to Benin.
- One month after her first seed, she bounced back on stage, and she has appeared in over 300 movies in her acting career.
- Omotola holds a chieftaincy title in her home town in Ondo State, conferred on her by the traditional council which has the power/authority to do so. This was in acknowledgement of her outstanding contributions in, and through, the film industry.
- She has the honorary award from the Federal Government as a “Member of the Order of the Federal Republic of Nigeria”, still predicated on her efforts and inputs to the advancement of the Nigerian Cinema.
- She has featured in Time’s Magazine’s list of top 100 most influential people in the world.
- As a passionate human right campaigner, she has functioned as an ambassador for UN’s World Food Programme (WFP), 2005, and the Walk The World project. She also undertakes empowerment programmes such as the Omotola Youth Empowerment Programme (OYEP) which seeks to enable youths become socially relevant and economically independent and stable by enlightening them and making available a platform from where they can receive help. Also in her course, widows are not excluded; there is the Give and Let Give (GALG) programme which brings happiness to the hearts these women.
- Though she had a short career in modelling, she still is a role model for ladies who desire to impact their world with the investment of their personalities.