A legendary Nigerian, a great leader and a skilled saxaphonist. Here are some amazing things about Donald Duke
- Donald Duke was born in calabar on the 30th of September, 1961
- His father, Henry Etim Duke is the second indigenous and longest serving Comptroller General of the Nigeria customs service
- He is the 4th child in the family of 5 children
- He is married to Onari Duke
- He met his wife at Ahmadu Bello University where they both studied law
- Two of his daughters are also Lawyers
- He was the Governor of Cross river state, Nigeria from 29th 1999 to 29th may 2007
- During his time as governor, calabar became the cleanest city in Nigeria
- He developed the idea of the Obudu Ranch International Mountain Race
- He also initiated the Tinapa Resort project as a means to improve business and tourism in the state.
- He is the only governor specifically mentioned as not being investigated by the EFCC
- He announced that he would run for presidential in 2007, but later stepped down for the eventual winner Umaru Yar’Adua
- He also has a flair for Jazz music as well as plays different musical instruments
No doubt Donald Duke has contributed a quota in moving Naija forward with his great leadership skills and profitable ideas.
What are you doing to #Move Naija?