These personalities are not just billionaires , they empower families, they also help improve the economy, they create jobs. Their Success gives hope to upcoming entrepreneurs.
1. Michael Adenuga Jr is a Nigerian Business tycoon born on the 29th of April 1953, and a native of Oyo state. He is the CEO of Globacom which is the second largest telecom operator in Nigeria and also has its presence in Ghana and Benin.
He is also the CEO of Conoil and Equitorial Trust Bank. As at September 2015 Forbes estimated his net worth at $3.2billion, which makes him the second richest person and the sixth richest person in Africa.
2. Aliko Dangote was born on the 10th of April 1957, from Oyo state. He is the Founder of Dangote Group. The company operates in Nigeria and other African Countries. As of January 2015, he had an estimated net worth of US $18.6 billion.
Dangote is ranked by Forbes as the 67th richest in Africa. In 2014 he peaked on the list as the 23rd richest in the world.
3. Benedict Murray Bruce is a Nigerian business magnate and politician. He is the founder of Silver bird Group born on the 17th of February 1956. He is from Bayelsa state.
4. Dele Momodu born on the 16th of May 1960 is a Nigerian Journalist/publisher, actor, motivational speaker, businessman and philanthropist. He is the CEO and Publisher of Ovation International a magazine that has given publicity to people from all over the world, mainly in Africa. He also owns a restaurant in Ghana known as the House of Ovation, and in 2015 he officially launched Ovation TV and subsequently launched an online newspaper called The Boss. He is an indigene of Ile-Ife in Osun State.
5. Cletus Ibeto born on the 6th of November, 1952 is a Nigerian business man from the industrial city of Nnewi, Anambra state. He is the founder of Ibeto Group, the largest business enterprise in Nnewi, a city unique for its entrepreneurial spirit.
6. Michael Ibru is a prominent Nigerian business man from Agbarha – otor, Delta state. He is the head of the Ibru organization, one of the largest conglomerates in Nigeria. He was born on the 25th of December 1930, warri.
7. Stella Chinyelu Okoli is a Nigeria Pharmacist and entrepreneur. She is the founder and CEO of Emzor Pharmaceuticals manufacturing company. She was born in Kano state in 1944. She is a native of Nnewi, in Anambra State.
8. Cosmos Maduka is a native of Nnewi in Anambra state. He is the founder of the Coscharis Group with several subsidiaries. Coscharis Auto industries Ltd, Coscharis technologies and food Ltd, Coscharis exports Ltd, Coscharis security Ltd, and others. He was born on the 24th of December 1958.
9. Dr Patrick Ifeanyi ubah popularly referred to as Ifeanyi Ubah is the CEO of Capital oil, one of Nigeria’s largest distributor of petroleum products. He was born on the 3rd of September 1971 and he is a native of Nnewi, Anambra state.
10. Jimoh Ibrahim is a lawyer, politician, businessman and philanthropist in Nigeria. He is the CEO of Global Fleet Group, a diversified Conglomerate based in Nigeria, with business interests and subsidiaries in neighboring West African countries. He was born on the 24th of February 1967. A native of Ondo state.
11. Jim Ovia is a Nigerian business man and founder of Zenith Bank, one of the largest commercial banks in Nigeria. He was born on the 4th of November, 1951, a native of Agbor, Delta state. He is also the founder of Visafone communications limited.
12. Pascal Dozie is a Nigerian business leader and investment Guru. He is a native Egbu in the northern part of owerri, Imo state. He was born on April 9, 1939. He is the founder of Diamond Bank plc and Kunoch Limited.
13. O.B Lulu Briggs is the founder and cairman of Moni pulo Limited, and oil exploration and production company. He is a native of Abonema, Kalabari in Rivers state.
14. Tony Onyemaechi Elumelu is an economist by training, a visionary entrepreneur and a philanthropist. He was born on the 22nd of March, 1963 in Jos. He is a native of Anioma in Delta State. Tony Elumelu is the chairman of Heirs Holdings, The United Bank for Africa, Transcorp and Founder of The Tony Elumelu Foundation.
15. Arthur Eze is a Nigerian businessman. He is the founder and chairman of Atlas petroleum international Ltd which has its presence in Nigeria, Liberia, Guinea and other countries. He hails from Ukpo village in Dunukofia Local government area of Anambra state.
16. Femi Otedola is a Nigerian businessman and entrepreneur. He is the CEO of Forte Oil Plc. Born in 1962, in Epe. He is from Oyo state. He is also the founder of Zenon Petroleum and Gas Ltd as well as other businesses across Nigeria.
These Individuals contribute a quota daily in moving Naija forward. What are you doing to #MoveNaija forward?
Watch out for part 2