Odebode Ademola, a co-founder of an information technology company NerdBevy which was founded to provide innovative solutions aimed at the provision of top-notch productivity in the Nigerian IT industry. Odebode in conjunction with his partner, Onibokun Ayobami in 2014 launched RepairAm.com – Nigeria’s first and foremost online gadget repair service.
Of recent at the 2015 Nigeria Creative Industry Awards, they were both awarded the Creative Innovation Awards in recognition of their great innovation and strides with Repair Am.
Get to know more about Odebode Ademola.
1. He and his partner are both graduates of Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State.
2. RepairAm.com is a unique online gadget repair service that enables anyone with gadget faults make orders for repair online. How? The user simply goes to the website and makes an order for repair of the faulty gadget – (be it laptops, smartphones, etc) with detailed information about the fault, they will pick it up, fix it and deliver back to the user.
3. The inspiration to start NerdBevy came while he and his partner worked for a computer and gadgets maintenance firm while in school. They discovered upon graduation that some people just keep their gadgets somewhere and don’t fix it when it gets faulty. This is because a higher percentage don’t know to get them fixed or do not trust the people they already know.
4. There is always a process when it comes to success as success is never overnight. It therefore takes a lot of patience to grow a startup into a big company.
5. At RepairAm, they strive to ensure that they give nothing but the best in repairs. This ensures they have referrals from customers who have tested their unique services.
6. They do the running around for the customer as the customer does not need to sit with the repairer to get it done. Customers can also track the status of their repairs using an Order ID which was generated automatically when they made the repair order on the site.
7. As an individual, what excites him is the fact that he likes solving problems either new or recurrent ones.
8. In order to keep a positive mindset in difficult situations, he keeps his eyes on the end goal and thus perseveres to ensure all stumbling blocks are removed so that the end goal can be achieved.
He is moving Naija forward.
How about you?